Sunday, August 4, 2013

Blog & Wario: Cease and Desist Letter, Pt. 1: The Company

To start off my first B&W since I started the blog expansion, I am telling you something shocking.




This is a two-parter.


The only thing scarier then that movie.



I am talking about something that has split us up. The companies and their best and biggest fans. What could it be? The cease and desist letter! When the company shuts dwn a fan work for whatever reason. However, some of the horrifying wrong creations cause this. So, today I am talking about when it is the fault of the company.


I've seen some great stuff go because companies are always like "MEH". Fan fiction(and works in general) falls under fair use, right? Some people disagree. If it's a fanfic, you're stealing my stuff, some may say. In quality works it's fine for people to use your stuff.

Here's a quote:

 "to write fiction using my characters is morally identical to moving into my house without invitation and throwing out my family."-Orson Card

Oval face is exactly right.
He has since changed his stance on fanfics, but a famous author we all know sure hasn't. George R.R. Martin, creator of "A Song of Fire and Ice" is against fanfics, thinking it is copyright infringement and a bad exercise for aspiring writers. Some people write for fun, and fair use is in mind. Companies need to realize that it's harmless fun.

Or is it?

Insert DUN-DUN-DUN here.








No comments:

Post a Comment